The Four Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Minecraft Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Connect with the Admins on Teamspeak for the latest updates on the server Download the application here : http://teamspeak.com/?page=downloads and Join the server with this IP : 85.236.100.27 PORT :19627 Remember Teamspeak 3 is Free
Server is back up! at the new IP of 85.236.100.2:28265

Idea for towns...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Payne2TheMax
Beginner
Payne2TheMax

Idea for towns... Empty
PostSubject: Idea for towns...   Idea for towns... Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:59 pm

What about adding a currency for each town? ;O

The mayor is given an unlimited supply of leaves that is kept in a bank, for example, something that cannot be obtained through normal Minecraft playing. Then the people of that town use the leaves to purchase plots of land, resources, etc. and to prevent the land being griefed or used without paying, just have it so the mayor of the town needs to give that certain player a right to build on that plot, and nowhere else. To gain currency you do little jobs, e.g. collecting flowers - 10 flowers = 10 leaves. Then bring them to the bank in exchange for leaves. You could also have people working in the bank for something like 20 leaves a day. lol!

Just an idea I had, thought it would add a little originality to the server, and fun. Lets face it, building stuff is the obvious reason people purchase Minecraft, so it gets rather boring after time being able to build everywhere, and expanding your house with no problems, well that's my opinion anyway. Introducing a currency system of some sort would keep that spark there, it would make you work for your house, and you would feel a much larger sense of pride in your house. ;D

EDIT: I just thought that limiting the spots that people can build would sort of slow down the development of a town, for example Mjolnir seems to have all their towns folk help build it. In that case you could introduce a "comitee", where the mayor grants certain people of that town permission to build anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Alomancy
The Creator
Alomancy

Idea for towns... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for towns...   Idea for towns... Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:33 pm

We already have plans to Implement a Currency :)

Although the idea is nice it is hard to give mayors that kind of access without giving them admin control... Which I don't like doing for obvious reasons.

However A town is quite easily able to set up a committie and I am pretty sure they do have some control over who can build what etc.... I am all up for helping towns form, but I do not want to have to run a town or help run a town as I am too busy with Server stuff, and I don't like to intrude on Town mayors ideas :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefourwars.com
Payne2TheMax
Beginner
Payne2TheMax

Idea for towns... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for towns...   Idea for towns... Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:54 am

Alright cool, I look forward to it! :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Idea for towns... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for towns...   Idea for towns... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Idea for towns...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Four Wars :: The Four Wars :: Suggestions / Complaints-
Jump to: