The Four Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Minecraft Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Connect with the Admins on Teamspeak for the latest updates on the server Download the application here : http://teamspeak.com/?page=downloads and Join the server with this IP : 85.236.100.27 PORT :19627 Remember Teamspeak 3 is Free
Server is back up! at the new IP of 85.236.100.2:28265

Vault 42 Griefing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Crzy8s
Beginner
Crzy8s

Vault 42 Griefing Empty
PostSubject: Vault 42 Griefing   Vault 42 Griefing Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:23 pm

Do's (Allowed):
1.) Sneaking into a house and stealing resources/items.
2.) "Griefing" a house by destroying it with tools => you get the resources.
3.) Griefing someone who lives near you and/or you assume to be a threat to you.
4.) Raiding an official or un-official town.
5.)Quote "TFW5" in your Membership application.

Don'ts (Not Tolerated):
1.) Burning down random houses.
2.) Flooding random houses w/ lava or water.
3.) Griefing someone who is 600 blocks away from your base.
4.) Doing something just to be an ******* and/or getting no personal gain other than malicious satisfaction.

==============================================

It was I who attacked Vault 42, so I will save you some trouble Alomancy on the topic of who to ban, but before you do, please hear me out.

I broke no rules in attacking Vault 42, I snuck into the house and stole resources/items, I destroyed parts of the house for the resources they presented with the tools I created, Vault 42 was assumed to be a threat seeing as they attacked others and I for stealing their things within their home (which is a perfectly reasonable response, except for the spawn killing), I did not "grief" anything in my raid, I specifically targeted chests that held various supplies/resources and grinders that they had establish to glean these resources from. I targeted their economy (not the structure of the Vault), because if I destroyed the entire place I would not be able to come back and steal from it again.

Now, it may appear that hapless destruction occurred, but that is not the case. When you hide chests within walls, those walls are bound to be checked, it come with the territory of security and then trying to break that security. Also, signs were posted within the Vault, but nothing was deliberately directed at a single person, thus it was not personal. It was an assault on Vault 42, not a personal vendetta. I love this server for the PVP elements and theft and these past few days have been the most fun I have had since I have started, including when my own home was discovered and raided. It gave meaning to home defense (Sorry Meervi) and security.

Nothing was set fire, no buckets of lava or water were ever deployed, the Vault was indeed within 600 blocks of my house and it may appear that the attack was made with only malicious intent (I am not going to lie, it was satisfying) but resources were taken and a threat was targeted and crippled.

I have spoken my peace on the situation and if I get banned for my actions so be it. In closing, I wonder why those who are effected are so angry when this is what this server is built upon; PVP, theft and defense. I harbor no ill will to those who live within the Vault nor any other player. Yeah it sucks when your place is discovered and your hard earned things are stolen (It happened to me too) but you learn from it and how to defend against it.

-Crzy8s
Back to top Go down
Alomancy
The Creator
Alomancy

Vault 42 Griefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vault 42 Griefing   Vault 42 Griefing Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:39 pm

I will let Rex reply to your Post properly as he was the one that dealt with Vault 42 after the chaos.

However I will say, that I am not going to ban you, and thank you for owning up and taking the time to explain.

Back to top Go down
http://www.thefourwars.com
Eonfreak
Beginner

Vault 42 Griefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vault 42 Griefing   Vault 42 Griefing Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:33 pm

Crazy8s I do not know if it was you that did everything. But places WAS lit on fire. And chests palced in lava was mined away witch causes them to burn up and your therefor destroying things just for the pleasure of destroying. Another proof of this was glas mined away for no reason and crafttables placed on our water sorce in our fountain. Also alot of roof was destroyed that was only 2 block thick so that water floated in to the base. And why would you steal all torches in the hole base? and then put them down in a side cave...

I do not know if it was you who did this. But the ones that did griefed us did not follow the rules at all.
Back to top Go down
SgtWicket
Beginner

Vault 42 Griefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vault 42 Griefing   Vault 42 Griefing Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:53 pm

I know my friends are probably getting tired of hearing me say it, but this is the kind of thing that makes me miss the old server rules. You got what you earned. With the new rules in place, people can find literally any reason to justify the invasion and destruction of someone else's work.
It's much easier to grab the stuff someone else worked for than to find your own materials so that's what everyone is doing now.
Back to top Go down
Alomancy
The Creator
Alomancy

Vault 42 Griefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vault 42 Griefing   Vault 42 Griefing Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Which Rules are you talking about SgtWicket?

And just to let you know we are re-vamping the rules, and looking into a way for more protection. But the protections will disappear in the event of declaring war on another Town.

As you can imagine it is pretty hard to write rules that cover every little thing, but it seems that is what we are going to have to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefourwars.com
SgtWicket
Beginner

Vault 42 Griefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vault 42 Griefing   Vault 42 Griefing Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:35 am

I was referring mostly to getting rid of chest locks. But I also think that the definition for griefing may be a little too narrow. I have read the planned features though and I'm really looking forward to their implementation.
I know you guys must get tired of all the complaints and I do appreciate what you do. I just thought I would throw in my two cents on this particular situation because I think it's a good example of what people can get away with.
I thought the Vault 42 setup was very cool and I probably would have refrained from doing it any damage out of sheer respect for the work put into it. But clearly there are players for whom this is no obstacle. There are people who will think of any reason to justify the vandalism of another structure even if it's to take resources they don't need. I think those are the people who should be kept in mind during the creation of griefing rules.
It's best to plan around the worst case scenario.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vault 42 Griefing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vault 42 Griefing   Vault 42 Griefing Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Vault 42 Griefing
Page 1 of 1