The Four Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Minecraft Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Connect with the Admins on Teamspeak for the latest updates on the server Download the application here : http://teamspeak.com/?page=downloads and Join the server with this IP : 85.236.100.27 PORT :19627 Remember Teamspeak 3 is Free
Server is back up! at the new IP of 85.236.100.2:28265

Server static address etc

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Meervi
Immortal

Server static address etc Empty
PostSubject: Server static address etc   Server static address etc Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Simply: Get the subdomain server.thefourwars.com from your registrar, then set the DNS Nameservers to point to the IP of the server. This way when you migrate you can simply leave the address for players and change the IP on the registrar site. This means players never need edit the server IP field. 👽 If you need any help with anything technical or minecraft just ask me. Pref eMail or ingame.
Also - chat channels which I understand youre trying to implement
Possibly - I am thinking of creating a plugin that allows a mail system. Players can place items in another players mailbox (chest) that can only be withdrawn by the player who owns or who gave. Although dont bet on this yet :D

End.
Back to top Go down
Alomancy
The Creator
Alomancy

PostSubject: Re: Server static address etc   Server static address etc Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:47 pm

The IP address is a good idea =) but you would need to have a port on the end of this. so it would be Server.thefourwars.com:123125 UNLESS we managed to get on the default port of the webserver (which is unlikely).

Will look into it :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefourwars.com
Meervi
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Server static address etc   Server static address etc Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:49 pm

Yeah i cant think of a decent way around the port tagging on the end, but a domain is much easier to type and remember than an IP XD
Back to top Go down
Meervi
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Server static address etc   Server static address etc Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Also another idea::
Immortals may be able to choose to keep upto X items in their inventory when they die unless this isnt possible I havnt looked in to it.
Back to top Go down
Alomancy
The Creator
Alomancy

PostSubject: Re: Server static address etc   Server static address etc Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:36 am

I was thinking about the items in the Inv, Not sure if I can set it for different groups though. Will look into it
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefourwars.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server static address etc   Server static address etc Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Server static address etc
Page 1 of 1