The Four Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Minecraft Community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Connect with the Admins on Teamspeak for the latest updates on the server Download the application here : http://teamspeak.com/?page=downloads and Join the server with this IP : 85.236.100.27 PORT :19627 Remember Teamspeak 3 is Free
Server is back up! at the new IP of 85.236.100.2:28265

Server Map reset

Go down 
+11
Hollie
Rex
SilentEchox
kingBAIT
Advin
CookieLuw
Molz6659
Greysoup
TriggerHog
NagaWaga
Alomancy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reset the World
Yes, Give me my Squids and lapis!
Server Map reset - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%Server Map reset - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 12 ]
No, I like my crap arrangement of blox!
Server Map reset - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%Server Map reset - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 7 ]
/careface.
Server Map reset - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%Server Map reset - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Checkmarks
Immortal

Server Map reset - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:24 am

I dont know why you seem so angry at the thought of change, its a part of life you have to deal with, and with the current polls its looking more likely to happen. No, your correct the server map probably wouldnt be reset every time we had groups of newbies join, but thats not the main reason for the restart anyways. The reason it was suggested is because there is a good chance that it will fix the server problems, and sometimes you need to take the risk in order to reap the rewards. I dont know what you prioritize but imho I would much rather start anew on a stable server than continue on one on its last legs.

*edit* Plus one of the joys of minecraft for alot of people is exploring new land, and thats exactly what we would be doing.
Back to top Go down
Aeacus
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:37 am

There is no guarantee that it will fix the server problems. Neither Alomancy or Multiplay know why it's fucking up, other then Multiplay messed up and transfered us to a worse server. The only thing reseting guarantees is pissing a lot of people off and stopping them playing.

"Plus one of the joys of minecraft for alot of people is exploring new land, and thats exactly what we would be doing." Well.... why dont you just wander in a single direction on the map atm? It automatically generates new land...
Back to top Go down
CookieLuw
Squire
CookieLuw

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 am

Aeacus i don't see anything special about sparta town to be pissed.
The game is mining and building. If the new world would come , you could build again. if u think its stupid idea to build again , then what minecrafter are you?

Alo Told me already that whipe would fix some of the problems , since the map file is corrupted or so.

Just Calm down and watch the votes. People know what they want, and they want new world , as u can see in the voting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thefourwars.com
Rex
God
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:08 am

CookieLuw wrote:
The game is mining and building. If the new world would come , you could build again. if u think its stupid idea to build again , then what minecrafter are you?

Alo Told me already that whipe would fix some of the problems , since the map file is corrupted or so.

Just Calm down and watch the votes. People know what they want, and they want new world , as u can see in the voting.

Cookie makes a great point.

While yes, some people would be mad, you can never please everyone. Go onto a big game, bigger than MC and you'll see that easily.

We've all have had our builds, and most of us have lost stuff before, it's still a beta game, so even if Alo himself doesn't reset the map, Minecraft itself has a possibility to as it's still in it's bug testing phase.

When the game is out of Beta, There will be more server support, and with that less issues.

For now, we need to do what pleases the majority of the players, the reason for this poll.

You can't please everyone, so you choose what pleases the most.

I also, spent alot of time gathering my items, do I get mad at restarts? Yes, but it doesn't mean I'll leave over something so stupid.

Minecraft is survival of the fittest, if you can't survive, then you leave, and those who enjoy it will stay, to them it doesn't matter, they can rebuild, and what's better, they can rebuild their structures greater.

You can't deny the towns and such are messed up. And now that you've had time to build, perhaps a server restart would be good, you can build them over, but BETTER. Sure it will take some time, but this game requires patience.

You can't expect everything in life to be dandy good, and go the way you want it, that's not the way life works sorry to inform you, so either way it turns out, Many of us are ready for it, and are willing to stay, even though it has it's suckish part that we lose the progress so far, we can make better progress and have less issues for everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cfforumers.darkbb.com
Hollie
Beginner
Hollie

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:17 am

CookieLuw wrote:

Win us over with kindness, why don't you. Have you seen sparta town? Have you been in it? Have you been down the 6 different holes into our gigantic mine that took us forever to do? Have you seen our many bridges and outbuildings? Have you seen our in-construction ministirth?

Have you actually considered that slagging off someone else's hard work is not the way to go?
Back to top Go down
Rex
God
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:21 am

Hollie wrote:
CookieLuw wrote:

Win us over with kindness, why don't you. Have you seen sparta town? Have you been in it? Have you been down the 6 different holes into our gigantic mine that took us forever to do? Have you seen our many bridges and outbuildings? Have you seen our in-construction ministirth?

Have you actually considered that slagging off someone else's hard work is not the way to go?

Have you considered the work others have also done, yet understand that this could be for the best?

Sparta wasn't the only town who worked hard.
Back to top Go down
Hollie
Beginner
Hollie

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:26 am

Rex wrote:

Have you considered the work others have also done, yet understand that this could be for the best?

Sparta wasn't the only town who worked hard.

I know others have done lots of hard work, I never said that they hadn't! (Like Cookie implied by saying our work wasn't special).

I understand that there is a SMALL MINUTE CHANCE this could fix things, but I also know that statistically, the map corrupting wont stop because you start a new map... When nothing else is changing server side.

If you'll recall, all I said was that I guarantee Sparta will leave. Simply stating the facts.
Back to top Go down
CookieLuw
Squire
CookieLuw

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:33 am

I'm not telling that everyone wasn't working hard. I was working hard myself. in past 2 days wasted more than 20 diamond pickaxes on digging on a project.
I'm with the server from the second day of creation and i know what people think and want.
As i Said before , Voting will decide the future.
Back to top Go down
Rex
God
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:37 am

Don't forget, they said if it didn't work, they would put the old map back in.
Back to top Go down
kingBAIT
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:00 am

Ive changed my mind, i would like a server wipe.

I dont even have a real reason why, i would just prefer a wipe, sooner rather than later. i havent been on MC today because if it is being wiped i see no point in building something thats just going to be gone tomorrow.

Plus the last rollback has messed up my castle quite a bit i dont know whats been done and whats been removed.

So just wipe it and get on with it. :)
Back to top Go down
Greysoup
Beginner
Greysoup

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:05 am

kingBAIT wrote:
Ive changed my mind, i would like a server wipe.

I dont even have a real reason why, i would just prefer a wipe, sooner rather than later. i havent been on MC today because if it is being wiped i see no point in building something thats just going to be gone tomorrow.

Plus the last rollback has messed up my castle quite a bit i dont know whats been done and whats been removed.

So just wipe it and get on with it. :)

Ditto
Back to top Go down
Meervi
Immortal

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:08 am

In the same boat as kingbait, i cba to play today incase there is not much point as it may get wiped (woo bad grammatical layout)
Anyway after the rollback yesterday the server was still crashing so it would seem to be the map getting corrupted overtime-however hMod may have a hand in that. As you said Alo maybe the server could ginuea pig for the hosts testing bukkit?
Back to top Go down
jester
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:38 am

Is there now way for you to chop like a town out and transport it into the new map if this bloody thing happens ?
Back to top Go down
CookieLuw
Squire
CookieLuw

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:03 pm

Its possible but i don't really think Alo will do.
Back to top Go down
NagaWaga
Beginner
NagaWaga

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:05 pm

So when would the poll be considered done and the map may or may not be reset?
Back to top Go down
Advin
God
Advin

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:51 pm

Check news.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Map reset   Server Map reset - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Server Map reset
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2